Happy In Bag

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Holds It...Holds It...Holds It!









Someone attempted to bribe me.

That person should have known that Happy In Bag's principles are not purchased as easily as a bag of cheeseburgers at Winstead’s. I will continue to retain the integrity of the Happy In Bag blog on behalf of all six of my readers.

I know a handful of people involved in what’s officially termed the "Johnson County Youth Recreational Soccer Park" proposal. And I will not endorse either side of that $75 million dollar bond issue on the November ballot in this forum.

I will suggest, however, that the initiative is in trouble. While I haven’t seen an official poll, I take great stock in the handmade signs mocking the soccer plan that are popping up with increasing frequency. Additionally, the recent shenanigans related to the Jackson County sports complex only increase the perception that the professional sports franchises, along with the political community, are taking unfair advantage of area sports fans.

(And yes, the title of this post is a reference to the best Simpsons episode ever.)

5 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes, it's hard to see the soccer field through the balls.

    As a complete outsider who couldn't care less if all of Johnson County fell into a giant sink hole tomorrow, let me offer some perspective.

    Those of us in the Real World who see ads on TV about a Soccer Crises in Johnson County want to call all of our troops home from Iraq, turn them loose in JoCo with instructions to "go all Abu Ghraib on 'em!"

    What a bunch of clueless, self absorbed, pretentious twits.

    How about taking those millions of dollars that you are so willing and eager to spend on your pampered pansies and help out some of the families of the National Guardsmen whose lives have been destroyed by the completely bogus Iraq war that you "Red State" bozos facilitated through your "ditto-head", meat-puppet, zombie-like obedience to Power?

    Just a thought.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    XO- I hope you are compiling your comments to who-knows-how-many blogs, because they're all hysterical. Hysterical-crazy and hysterical-ha ha. That's a book I'd buy. Meanwhile, I'll petition my Democrat governor and Democrat congressman with your concepts. Hugs & Kisses. -Happy

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hap - Glad you like 'em. Some are better than others.

    Some I forget I posted, discover later and cringe just a little.

    Some are (as you say) hysterical-crazy or hysterical-ha ha. Others are "hysterical-go-get-a full-neurological-workup-it's-worth-the-money".

    I think I need some sort of queueing software on my computer that will spool any comments, posts, emails or other electronic media and store them overnight.

    Then in the morning, when I am freshly caffeinated, I can review and edit said media and send or delete as I deem appropriate in the bitter light of day.

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Don't change a thing, XO.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Goooooooooooal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home