Happy In Bag

Friday, December 22, 2006

Apple Colored Glasses















Disaster struck yesterday.

All the computers in my home network collapsed. They were crippled by one too many viruses, I suppose. It's going to be a bear to retrieve all my data from the infected machines.

So I did the unthinkable. In a fit of desperate rage, I bought a Mac Mini at the Apple store on the Plaza. It feels like I'm learning to ride a bicycle, or being forced to write by holding a pen with my toes.

Everything looks and feels entirely different as I attempt my first Apple-derived Blogger post.

11 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    Wow. This post looks so much better than your other ones. Cleaner somehow. Anyway, congratulations on your new-found sophistication.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Thanks, Emaw. Even if I become a dedicated Apple convert, I pledge to never develop the superior smugness of so many Apple cultists. (I'm not talking about you, Emaw.)

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    Gone to the Dark Side, he has.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was the Cylons!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger WLIB said…

    I made the Apple switch about 5 years ago under similar circumstances. I'm happy to report that I still like domestic cheese. Looking forward to your first iMovie.

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger tumple said…

    Yea! Another Mac guy!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Once you go Mac...

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Dan said…

    This is your best post ever. It is more creative, fun, approachable, and much less corporate and buggy. I like the new approach.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mac-dar always had you pegged as one of us deep down.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i convinced my husband to switch over this summer. he's very happy with the choice...you will be too. just you wait.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I'm still on the fence. Change is extraordinarily difficult.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home