Happy In Bag

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sunglasses



















The Northeast Johnson County Sun hit my driveway at a random time this morning.

I’m one of the few people I know who actually reads the free weekly newspaper. I know that most of my friends and neighbors toss the paper straight into their trash cans and recycling bins. One person likes to tell me about her ongoing efforts to stop the paper from being delivered. (It’s impossible.)

I truly relish reading about tension on the Fairway City Council board. I dig learning about zoning code violations. I appreciate the Sun’s analysis of high school basketball teams.

But the first thing I read is Steve Rose’s column. For better or worse, Rose speaks for Johnson County’s "silent majority." Predictably, today’s essay tears into the voter apathy that led to Phill Kline’s new job as county attorney general.

Come to think of it, its unpredictable delivery schedule is the only thing I don’t like about the publication.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have the newest edition of the Jackson County Advocate on my desk this very minute. God bless the weekly paper.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home