Happy In Bag

Monday, December 18, 2006

I Am Not a Blogger. I Am a Human Being!

















That was weird.

I had three blogger-derived social interactions last weekend.

It all began several months ago. I invited Happy In Bag readers to meet me at Mike’s Tavern for a jazz matinee. One guy actually showed up, and we’ve since become friends. We met up again for lunch on Friday.

On Saturday afternoon, I attended a function with several music geeks. I’d previously known many of them only through a music message board. They were all great guys. A few were actually accompanied by their lovely wives.

I drove to a stranger’s house that evening. Sure, we’d exchanged a few emails, but it was a remarkable leap of faith for him to invite me to his annual holiday party. While I knew he’d be cool- the guy posts pictures of himself and his family at his site- he had no idea what he was getting himself into when he asked me over.

As I’d anticipated, his friends and family were uniformly gracious, accommodating and extraordinarily attractive. Although this made me the odd man out, I had a nice time.

It's remarkable that typing myopic musings into a computer can lead to such wonderful, real-world encounters. Even so, I’ll never feel comfortable having people identify me by my blog names as they introduce me to others.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home