Happy In Bag

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Waffling










I'm fat. I drink beer and I eat whatever I want, whenever I want it. Here's what I ate at a Waffle House yesterday- a waffle with butter and syrup, two sausage patties, two eggs over easy, two slices of toast with butter and jelly, and a bowl of grits. And I was still hungry when I finished the delicious meal. The most difficult part of reforming would be curbing this gluttony. With Lent looming, it's time to at least consider a change. I'm not so big that a personal trainer couldn't whip me into shape in ninety days. Any volunteers?

---
I only spotted six confirmed Happy In Bag readers last night at the Record Bar, but I figure that there were at least that many of you there that I didn't know. It was hard to maneuver through the capacity crowd for Camera Obscura. While I wasn't expecting Fall Out Boy, the Scots weren't just dour. They were sour-tempered grumps. Lovely songs, though.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    I already know what I'm giving up for Lent this year.

    Same as every year.

    I'm giving up Moderation.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that the Front street WH?

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    They're everywhere, as you know, Panos, but this one is off I-29 in Platte City, just north of KCI. I like watching the dynamic between the great waitress and the surly (but proficient) fry cook there.

    I gave up moderation at age 13, XO. It's a bit of an "issue" for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home