Happy In Bag

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Starbucks of State Avenue













The bright new construction around the racetrack a few miles to the west hasn't had much of an impact on the old scruffy stretch of State Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas. It's not blighted but it's still far from prosperous.

Maybe that's why the recent remodeling of a McDonalds restaurant at 75th and State has received so much positive attention. The fast food outlet now features flat screen televisions, semi-comfortable booths and a dedicated cleaning crew.

Somewhat incongruously, the televisions were tuned to a VH1 program that seemed to be about Lindsay Lohan's breasts while I ate there yesterday morning. Delish!

---
Sleep deprivation is the new Vicodin.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said…

    itll only be worth it if they can get some decent service in there. ordering a big mac should not take 5 minutes.
    that was the worst fastfoot resturant ive ever been in as far as service was concerned.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Come to think of it, DNA, I was asked to repeat my order three times. Once I saw my pitiful breakfast burritos, I figured the gal behind the counter had been trying to talk me out of it. The McDonalds with the best service is at 95th and Metcalf. That place is a machine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home