Happy In Bag

Friday, January 19, 2007

Bigger Than Yours
















Did you see the TV commercial in which two men in a locker room discuss the merits of their cell phones? One guy brags that his device can be used as a weapon. He then hurls it at his adversary. I do that all the time.

I've been carrying the pictured silver phone for over three years. It's essentially featureless. But I've learned that it can withstand being repeatedly dropped and thrown. I've even used it as a hammer. Better yet, I've never seen a bill. My former employer covers me. It's nice to know that goodwill still exists in this world.

Sure, I covet the iPhone. But almost every person I know with a fancy phone complains about its fragility. The only thing more durable than my silver model is my first cell phone. Isn't she a beauty?

---
Record stores around the country are staying open late Monday night to sell the highly anticipated new release by The Shins. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe any retailer is doing this in Kansas City.

---
Is it my imagination, or are sidewalks, streets adn driveways becoming increasingly slippery?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    I slipped and fell and banged myself up real good--you are correct, sir.

    m&s

     

Post a Comment

<< Home