Happy In Bag

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Don't Be a Dummy









I know what it's like to be dumb. I don't know if I qualify for Mensa, but I generally acquit myself reasonably well in the category of basic intelligence. Yet a standard-issue head cold has me in a funk. A cashier had to walk me through a credit card purchase yesterday. And as I sat at a desk last night I realized that I'd been staring into space for five minutes without firing a single synapse in my brain. My temporary sickness makes rudimentary thought processes particularly challenging. So please forgive this roadkill image. It's the time of year when young, inexperienced squirrels tend to meet unkind ends. I can relate.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    i just want you to know, that i happened upon this post and lovely image while eating lunch :)

    anyway. yes, i read blogs while eating lunch. at my desk. fun fun.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry! Feel better soon.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Sorry, PG. But count the corpses on your way home from work today- how could I not post this image?

    Thanks, Panos!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    You don't much like squirrels, do you HIB?

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I continue to loathe them, Emaw. But for the record, I've humanely relocated far more squirrels than I've killed. Nor am I responsible for this animal's demise.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    Are you sure it's even a squirrel? I can tell that is a beige mammal of some sort, but I wouldn't want to commit myself further than that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home