Happy In Bag

Monday, April 23, 2007

Bike Tree















Maybe there's no bicycle rack near 40th and Main. It's probably just more fun to hang your bike on a tree. About a dozen patrons of Embassy, a new club between the grocery store and Clint's Comics, decided it would be a good idea to park their vehicles in the beleaguered plant last Friday night. The difficult process of securing and harvesting the bikes made for good street entertainment. The main attraction for the cyclists was noise band Lightning Bolt. And I don't use the word lightly; I do mean noise.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I understand that was quite a night - I was there the next day for a pool tournament. Evidently liquor control was sure that minors were being served, but couldn't prove it, so the vice squad was called. Add the Fire Marshal and you've got one helluva night.

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    For what it's worth, I witnessed no illegal activities.

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I paid $6 to get into that show, only to find that the crowd was so thick you couldn't even see, much less get near the stage. But that's not what made me want to leave after ten minutes. The smell of ripe, funky, unwashed-artpunk armpit drove me back out into the fresh air before Lightning Bolt even plugged in. It was noxious and disgusting. What's the deal with these stinking people? Many of them are in their 20s, which is well into the age of being able to practice -- and to desire to practice -- proper hygiene. I swear, the next time I see some grimy, unwashed artpunk dweeb in a torn t-shirt stinking to high heaven, I am going to punch him in the throat.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Ha ha ha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home