Happy In Bag

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Size Doesn't Matter















Why do I suspect that advertisers are far more excited than fans about the Royals building the biggest scoreboard in sports? Not once in the dozen games I attended in 2007 did I think, "What this team really needs is a bigger scoreboard." I longed for a lineup with better hitters instead. Watching the playoffs last night served as a unhappy reminder of the real issue in Kansas City. With the possible exception of second baseman Mark Grudzielanek, the Royals don't have a single position player that would improve the postseason prospects of more than one of the eight clubs in the playoffs.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    It's the Wal-Mart hangover effect. Paging the evil David Glass.

    Bgo

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey!
    Congrats on the Pitch "Best Of" Award!
    Best Blog About Life (2007)
    Happy In Bag
    http://bestof.pitch.com/bestof/award.php?award=425031&year=

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Give the new kids a year or two. I'm usually the most pessimistic Royals fan on the planet, but I think we're in for some happy times ahead.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Like Glass, my default facial expression is a scowl. I'm not about to talk trash on him, BGO.

    I didn't see that Pitch thing coming, Anon. It's nice (I guess).

    I sure hope you're right, 413. We really need to see breakout seasons from Butler, Gordon and Teahen. "Average" just won't get it done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home