Happy In Bag

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This Means War











I'm embarrassed to confess that I have yet to check out Kansas City's new National World War I Museum. But I did visit the London branch of the Imperial War Museum last week. And an associate who's been to both institutions tells me that in terms of World War I coverage, Kansas City's museum is no less impressive than London's. The site at the Liberty Memorial, of course, has the advantage of focusing on just one war, while the Imperial War Museum attempts to comprehensively document an entire century of horror. Even so, kudos to KC.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    I visited the Imperial War Museum back in '89. Truly impressive!

    And I highly recommend a visit to our own WWI museum. I was totally blown away by the pristine condition of the artifacts. Just amazing.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I recall your rave about the local attraction, XO. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home