Happy In Bag

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wedding Reception













Among the many things that cease to matter as I get older is the sexual orientation of other people. I was utterly indifferent to the consequences of recent social legislation in California. That changed yesterday when new issues of East Bay Express showed up in my mailbox. Oakland's weekly alternative newspaper is overflowing with advertising for the gay wedding industry. One beneficiary of this boom is my former boss and longtime friend Hal Brody. Best known in Kansas City as the former owner of the Pitch and Penny Lane Records, Hal has a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    I've been wondering what Hal was up to lately and now I know. I didn't know he was in the tea business here in KC either.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I know he founded the tea shop on Pennsylvania, BGO, but I'm not sure if he still owns it. I haven't communicated with Hal in 2008.

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Wedding venues in Las Vegas said…

    This venue is a true gem- it was intimate (we had 100 guests) and has a lot of character, which allowed us not to have to invest in extra lighting or decorations.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home