Happy In Bag

Friday, June 06, 2008

Sunshine Superman












I'm hardly what you'd call a "people person." Even so, I love being in the middle of a crowd. Today's post-storm sunshine has me giddy with anticipation. This is the best weekend of the year to get outside. The biggest events are Wakarusa near Lawrence and Rockfest at Liberty Memorial. Too manic? Too expensive? Free events include Topeka's Hawk Fest, Gladstone's BluesFest, Old Shawnee Days, the Plaza's concert series, First Friday parties in the Crossroads district and Olathe's Americana Jubilee.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    All good suggestions!

    But as for me and my house, I'll be the sole participant in XOfest.

    It's being held at a quiet, secret location, no one is invited, there are no tickets available anywhere for any price, no acts will be performing, no reviews will be written, there will be no media coverage, fights, arrests, projectile vomiting (well, maybe a little), or promiscuous sex (goddamnit!).

    That's just how I roll.

    "I'm hardly what you'd call a "people person."

    Compared to me my friend, you are the most outgoing, gregarious person in the world.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Yet perversely, XO, you're Mr. Popularity.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home