Happy In Bag

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Way Wrong










I'd forgotten about rage. Annoyance, impatience and frustration are not unfamiliar territory, but an incident yesterday reminded me of the power of rage. Over an hour dealing with an ISP's unresponsive robots, surly humans and an Indian call center left me blowing gauges. I was truly afraid of what I might do. A friend happened to call me at the very moment I was prepared to make a regrettable decision. It took him only two minutes to resolve my technical problems. I'm fine now.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    my company is slowly bringing some of the support back from India without admitting the real reason that it sucks.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    The Indian dude probably had 25 IQ points on me, but we had significant audio, language and cultural barriers that couldn't be overcome.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Our IT dept. was outsourced to India about 3 yrs ago. We have people who will go days with messed up computers just coz they dread calling there. BTW, if you ever have to call Earthlink, just keep insisting that you want to talk to an American agent and they will transfer you to the Cali folks.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    This cat also couldn't get his head around the concept that I have routers, modems, computers and the like spread throughout my sprawling suburban empire.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home