Happy In Bag

Monday, September 08, 2008

Abba For Breakfast










"Dancing Queen" is annoying at 7 a.m. I had to yell over the Abba hit when a waitress took my order during a recent visit to a Perkins in Kansas City, Kansas. Yet I wasn't nearly as inconvenienced by the loud music as the group of elderly people at a nearby table. After struggling to communicate over the crooning of Neil Diamond and Kenny Loggins, the old friends soon gave up. They spent the remainder of breakfast with their heads bowed in frustration.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    perkins is still a viable business?

    o, wonders...

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    I actually like ABBA. Always have. Any time of the day.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Robert Zamees said…

    Couldn't find a blog feed on your site and would love to know when new posts come up... new to KC and trying to compile the best local blogs to read. Hit me up at my blogger URL and let me know if you've set up a feed. Cheers!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    look here for a pretty good list
    http://kansascitybloggers.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I usually hit the new McDonald's, Doc, or as I call it, "the Starbucks of State Avenue." I don't believe there's a mom-and-pop breakfast place between downtown and the Legends.

    Nothing against Abba, Meesha, but exactly when did silence fall out of favor?

    I crank this nonsense out several times a week, BBB. It's cool if you drop in, but I've never really cared about readership.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home