Happy In Bag

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tax Titillation










It's with a heavy sense of dread and a slight tingle of titillation that I review the Johnson County Treasurer's annual tally of individuals and businesses that failed to pay their property tax bills. I check for myself first (did I forget that second installment?) and then for friends, family and neighbors. There are countless reasons to appear on the published lists in addition to financial distress, including assessment disputes, sale of the property and poor organization. I'm ashamed of my voyeurism, but that guilt is far outweighed by my relief in keeping myself off the list another year.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Scary.... I'm always perusing the same here, thinking I will stumble upon the back-taxes real estate deal of a lifetime. Obviously, it hasn't happened yet!

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    The get-rich-quick scammers have ruined it, RG.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home