Happy In Bag

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Outdoor Church











An Islamic family's reunion was taking place a few yards to my left. The delighted screams from passengers on a nearby wooden roller coaster tickled my right ear. Before me sat a small congregation of believers. I've attended a few outdoor Easter services, but I couldn't resist the chance to worship under palm trees during my recent trip to San Diego. It wasn't entirely my thing, but the preacher made one great point- it's unfortunate that many Christians observe their faith behind closed doors.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    Er,

    Matthew 6:5 - 7

    5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

    6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

    7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...priceless bgo....priceless..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home