Happy In Bag

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Planting Acorns










I voted yesterday. And I might vote again today. Unless I skipped a step at the speedy early voting processing center in a dreary government building in Mission, there's nothing preventing me from returning. I scribbled my name and address on a form, but unlike on election day, it was never checked against a list of registered voters. Neither was I asked to provide identification. Presumably, a poll worker is assigned to that tedious task, but since such screenings would take place after ballots are cast, the potential for fraud seems very real.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Next Tuesday and the following days or weeks will be a national nightmare.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I honestly don't have any idea what's going to happen, BGO.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I voted at the same location. After filling out the form it was run through a computer two different times. I am sure they were cross checking registration at that time. It is against the law to ask for ID.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Interesting, Martini. The form I filled out was yellow. A clerk tossed it into a pile and waved me on to a volunteer in charge of the electronic voting cards.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home