Happy In Bag

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Majestic No More











The Star reports that The Majestic Steakhouse has permanently closed. As the curator of Plastic Sax, I have more than a passing interest when one of Kansas City's few remaining jazz venues is shuttered. I sensed trouble during my final visit to the establishment a couple months ago. I wanted the lunch special featured on the placard pictured here. The waitress couldn't comprehend my request. Sadly, I guess I wasn't the Majestic's only disgruntled patron.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Rick in PV said…

    I plead guilty to taking the Majestic, and the majestic Bram Wijnands, for granted. I went a couple of times years ago, and not since ...

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    You know what they say about hindsight, Rick, so I'm resisting the urge to editorialize further. But the music of Winjands, as you suggest, is rather majestic. Here's a Plastic Sax tribute to the man.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home