Happy In Bag

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Personal Space











After I selected a spot last night at the Shakespeare festival, I left to check out the nearby puppet show. When I returned fifteen minutes later, my lawn chair and cooler were surrounded by recent arrivals. These folks were practically on top of me. My incredulous stare and agitated banter went nowhere. I watched The Merry Wives of Windsor with a stranger's feet rubbing my shins and another freak's face eighteen inches from my rear end. The world is my oyster... and I'm claustrophobic!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Before someone asks- I forgot to bring my camera with me last night. This shot is from Rockfest 2008.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    I was actually about to ask. I sat next to a person like that on the plane once, talk about being in your space

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger The DLC said…

    I don't see much live music because of the personal space issue. It's my loss, I know.

    And this is a great photo!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    "I really like the crowds at the really big shows. People touching people that they don't even know, yo." -The Hold Steady

     

Post a Comment

<< Home