Happy In Bag

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh Deer















Even though they denied my application to become their designated deer killer, lately I've been spending a lot of time exploring Johnson County's network of parks. My latest expedition was to the Ernie Miller Park and Nature Center near the southwestern corner of the county. The charming dirt trail would be more bucolic if the constant roar of traffic from K7 didn't drown out the sound of frightened animals. The site also features a building that hosted children's birthday parties and an art show last Saturday. No deer were spotted.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    that's my neck of the woods

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Ha!

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    "Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit..."

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    The day I finally capture the creepy albino squirrel that's been taunting me for three months will be one of the most glorious days of 2009. I can't wait to blog it.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    My Cairn terrier killed a rabbit the other day. Big one, too. Big enough that he could not do his usual "chase around the yard with a dead carcass" routine. The squirrels throw acorns at him.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Mr. Fudd said…

    I have an albino squirrel in my yard too. First one..have never seen one before. Sign of the apocalypse?

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Those albino squirrels know the truth- the end times are nigh.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Are they really albino? Like pink eyes? Or are they just white with brown or blue eyes? Just curious where they fall on the truly freakish meter.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    They're probably not true albinos, RG. In addition to their striking appearance, however, they're notably aggressive. They attack their fellow squirrels, tease hawks and take ill-advised leaps. I've seen my current nemesis fall from trees a couple times. When's the last time you saw a squirrel jump and miss?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home