Happy In Bag

Thursday, November 04, 2010

In Park











Kansas City's airport may be drab and boring, but it's easy. I'll take it over the relatively glamorous hassles on tap at O'Hare and DFW. Still, I'm annoyed by the recent change in short-term parking fees. There used to be a grace period (was it 30 or 60 minutes?) of free parking. The new plan costs $1 for up to 30 minutes, $3 up to an hour, then $6 for up to two hours. When greeting people at KCI, I now have to make an unpleasant set of cost-risk calculations.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Yeah, I kinda think that the $1 for 30 minutes thing is bunk. Hell, they don't even charge for the 1st 30 mins in Orange County, CA! So why the hell they do it out here in the heartland is beyond me...

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    Orange County has Disneyland. I suspect a portion of the price of admission into the park is funneled back to the airport. I don't think Worlds of Fun generates anywhere near that kind of revenue. Not that it makes much difference to me. I don't own a car with anything more than limited seating and leave the airport duties to my family-man brother and his minivan.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    The fleecing everywhere is unrelenting. And stick-up men lurk in the shadows (you'll know once you've been rolled). Life is cruel and a bust but waking up and being part is a must.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    No cell phone lot? Ya know, where you wait until your party lands, they call you, you meet them at the curb pick up area? Now that you can't greet your party at the gate as they come off the plane, who cares? A tearful reunion at the luggage carousel just doesn't have the same impact.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I'm old-fashioned, RG.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home