Happy In Bag

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chrome Horses and Diplomats













I'll invest a Benjamin on a special occasion dinner replete with appetizers and wine once every year or two, yet I've never set foot inside an attractive French restaurant near my home. Its thirty-dollars-an-entree price tag doesn't prevent patrons from packing the establishment most every night. The idea of wealthy people spending money on fine food and wine doesn't bother me. I'm tempted, in fact, to set up shop as a mendicant on the sidewalk outside the eatery.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Mr. Monet said…

    I don't know.....houdy doudy frenchies. Been there, done that;not recommended. They have a nice wine list though.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    We ate dinner there for the first time 2 weeks ago. (I'd actually been there once before, but was a bit beyond drunk, and only had appetizers that time, so it doesn't count!)

    It was DELICIOUS. Well worth the prices. Highly recommend!

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Nick said…

    The nouveau riche would not recognise a mendicant lest he was a) miming or b)a spitting image of Jerry Cheeseburger.

    Either way it leaves you with an unpalatable choice.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    "Charity, if you please!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home