Happy In Bag

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cock of the Walk












With all due respect to the Kansas City area's celebrated fried chicken establishments, I recently ate the most delicious chicken imaginable at El Pollo Rey. The smoke lured me in but I subsequently discovered that the joint is not a secret. I believe that the chicken is pressed, slathered in spices and cooked over flames. Oh my. Adding to my pleasure was the price. I paid $8.50 for a half-chicken with condiments, tortillas and two bottled drinks.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger The DLC said…

    I love that you managed to capture the ever-present smoke that is the hallmark of this place. You can see it from a mile away.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Have you not reviewed El Pollo Rey at your otherwise exemplary site, DLC?

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    I got to get to this place asap. Love that they just do chicken with some sides and have Coke from Mexico. And those prices are sure attractive.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Do it, BGO. Note- $8.50 satisfies two medium appetites. If you're ravenous, you'll need to spend more.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    there is also some kind of tar leaking out of this exhaust. awesome chicken.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home