Happy In Bag

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Scrappy














I'm an eager observer of pop culture yet I've failed to get my head around this scrapbooking phenomenon.

It's difficult to turn around without encountering a retailer like this Westport Road establishment. You can't pick up a remote control without finding television programming dedicated to the concept.

What gives? Can't an old lady simply walk out of a Wal*Mart with a photo album, scissors and tape? She can even buy a bit of ribbon when she wants to walk on the wild side.

I'm clearly missing something. Maybe there's some kind of secret glue-sniffing component to the hobby. That would explain everything.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's just babyboomers getting old.

    30 years ago that would have been a "head shop".

    I don't have time to explain head shops to the whippersnappers. Go google it.

    I have to go take my blood pressure and check my glucose.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home