Happy In Bag

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Not There









I haven't been in a "gentleman's club" in years. It's not that I'm sanctimonious about the concept. Back when I had a conventional sales job I often entertained big clients by treating them to dinner or sporting events. A few would insist on strip joints. I also did a stint selling ads for the Pitch. I called on the now-shuttered clubs in Kansas City, Kansas. Yet it just wasn't my thing. My most memorable encounters with the entertainers involved discussions about their music selections rather than any physical contact. Tony's post yesterday concerning a seedy promotional video for a local establishment reminded me why I'm not attracted to such places.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Why did you choose to shoot out of focus?

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    I once saw a woman in my bulding get on the up escalator as I was going down. She almost gripped the railing and then jerked her hand back. Seeing my puzzled look, she just said "germs" as we passed.

    Because I'm an asshole, I wanted to turn around, follow her and quote her some likely statistics on how much of the paper currency in her purse had recently been stuffed down a skanky stripper's g-string.

    But, I didn't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home