Happy In Bag

Saturday, March 22, 2008

I Saw Dead People









I have yet to attend the Bodies Revealed exhibit at Union Station. But carcasses and tombs were impossible to avoid on my visit to London. Dead people dominate the city. Hundreds of monarchs, politicians and artists are buried at Westminster Abbey. After the Elgin Marbles and the Rosetta Stone, the biggest attractions at the British Museum are corpses. My favorite is Lindow Man. The shriveled Egyptian flesh in this photo is in the institution's massive mummy wing. Statues and plaques commemorating people of note seem to be on every city block. It's a wonder that the place doesn't sink into the sea under the oppressive weight of its history.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Donna. W said…

    The tickets to see Bodies Revealed were money well invested for me and my husband. And we're cheapskates.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    You saw dead people? Where exactly was Keith Richards when you saw him?

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    It does look impressive, Donna.

    Did you see, RG, that Keef is now shilling for Louis Vuitton?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home