Happy In Bag

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nonproductive











Tomatoes and beets aren't the most valuable commodities available at the Downtown Overland Park Farmers Market. The Wednesday and Saturday morning sale offers visitors a chance to slow down. After selecting produce from area growers (I feel for their disgruntled teenaged progeny who seem desperate to escape the farm), many people choose to relax in a shaded courtyard. Eddie Delahunt and a couple friends performed on a recent Saturday morning.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I live so close, even driven by while its going on and never stopped at one of these events.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    You should give it a try, L. As I say, it's not the produce that's the main attraction- it's more a chance to unwind.

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger stephanie said…

    I stopped by back in April during their first Saturday up and going. (I was visiting a friend who just moved the OP). There wasn't much there yet, but you are right. It is a lovely place to unwind and enjoy the atmosphere. I got some tasty Cinnamon Creamed Honey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home