Happy In Bag

Friday, January 16, 2009

Post No Bills











I hope our incoming president is the most successful in our nation's history. I want him- no, I need him- to succeed. These are tough times and surely every reasonable citizen is pulling for our new leader. Nevertheless, I was irritated earlier this week by the framed Obama campaign posters on the wall of an upscale Lawrence cafe. I want a respite from politics while I'm talking shop. The political position of a restaurant's staff is a pointless distraction. I don't care how you voted, but I suggest you keep it under wraps if you want me to continue buying expensive coffee.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Landon Whitsitt said…

    Such a disappointment. I remember when they merely had the original art from the Get Up Kids' "Red Letter Day" on their walls.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Landon Whitsitt said…

    Actually, it was the robots from "Something to Write Home About."

    My bad.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I think its become a movement in the interior decor world, actually. I've been seeing them around and about on the decor blogs I read for inspiration to my own...

    Or maybe they just really, really want you to know which way they lean. Who knows?

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    Ah, I miss Milton's. Great place and you're right. There has to be an escape from politics somewhere.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home