Happy In Bag

Monday, June 29, 2009

Dodge That Kick











For one glorious moment I thought my dream had come true. I'd heard about the Sunday night kickball games at the Beaumont Club's outdoor space. But when I got my first glimpse of the action last night, I was momentarily overjoyed. I immediately identified the line of people against a fence as dodgeball players. Alas, they were merely waiting in line for their turn to bat in a relatively tame game of kickball. My opportunity to injure hipsters (and be injured by them) in the greatest of all playground games remains a dream deferred.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger WLIB said…

    It'll end in tears.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    And bruises. Don't forget the bruises.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Yawn...

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger WLIB said…

    I don't know, the idea of bruised and bawling hipsters is pretty exciting to me. Especially is Packham was there. You not so much, HIB, having seen you hobble around with that cane winter before last.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home