Happy In Bag

Friday, July 16, 2010

PDQ











I've been hanging out on Merriam Lane a lot lately. If readers choose to make any insinuations about my it, well, I'm not going to argue. The Kansas City, Kansas, neighborhood is peppered with odd little mom-and-pop businesses. One of my favorites is Quick's. The excellent KC Lunch Spots blog offered a definitive post about the establishment eighteen months ago. I'll only add that the barbecue shack ranks 18th on my informal list of favorite area restaurants.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    I like The Woodyard better. Just a bit further west on Merriam Lane.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    The food is better at Woodyard, UL, but there's something about Quick's that really appeals to me.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger The DLC said…

    You could eat up and down Merriam Lane from KCK to Merriam, KS and do pretty darn well for yourself. I too, am strangely enamored with the area around Quick's. Venture off the road and it feels like you are in rural Alabama.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Yeah, DLC. It's sketchy in a good way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home