Happy In Bag

Monday, June 20, 2011

Down On the Farm












Maybe I've consumed too much processed food. The beets I ate during my first visit to The Farmhouse didn't taste any different than the vegetables I purchase at the grocery store. Everything about my lunch was good but I'd hoped to be overwhelmed with greatness during my meal at the "farm-to-table, tip-to-tail" establishment. A decidedly masculine restaurant, The Farmhouse has the potential to be one of my favorite places in town. I need to give it another go. Who's buying?

6 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    Penn &Teller once had an episode where they had people taste organic and regular bananas and the majority said that non-organic tasted better. When it was revealed, most people where so sure that organic would taste better that they couldn't believe they picked the wrong stuff.It's all perception.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    who eats beets??? farm fresh or processed in a can, i stay far, far away.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    Organic? Locally sourced? Both laudable ideals. Sacrificing quality to ideals? Somewhere there is a reasonable balance. Not much of a beet man myself. I'll treat you if they come out with a Groupon.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    What's with the beet-bashing? I love my beets.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beatles might have taken on a whole new meaning aside from the obvious had they spelled it BEETles. Imagine the fun they might have had for at least one album cover.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Gary said…

    I do beets but I'm vegan. This restaurant sounds interesting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home