Happy In Bag

Friday, September 16, 2005

I'm Doomed

Is it a bad omen to accidentally kill a dove?

Mourning doves startle easily, and I enjoy hearing their flustered hoots and watching their panicked retreat early each morning when I step out of my home to retrieve the morning papers.

Upon spotting me today, this bird went into motion just like always, but intead of flying to a favorite spot on the roof, it arced into the lawn, twitched a couple times, folded its wings, and died. Its grief-stricken mate sobbed mournfully on a branch above its fallen companion.

What will befall me- a plague of locusts?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Andy Michael said…

    Yep - you're pretty much doomed. I would say a plague of baboons are already headed your way (and I'm not talking about your extended family...althought that's worse sometimes) and I believe they are throwing poop (the baboons, not your family).

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger QuickSnap said…

    Oh MY!!! This could only happen to your Mr.Happybag

     

Post a Comment

<< Home