Happy In Bag

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

True Colors

As I wrote on September 8, I’m engaged in a consuming task. I’ve vowed to never make this a political blog, and I’m not about to start now, but the things I’ve witnessed in the past week have me dumbfounded.

I have yet to have anything but a Kafka-esque experience with a government agency. The deliberate callousness and monumental inefficiencies that the Katrina disaster exposed in these national institutions also contaminates their Kansas City branches. I am filled with a vindictive rage toward this system that this photo only hints at.

On the other hand, the kindness and generosity demonstrated by friends, neighbors and complete strangers is overwhelming inspiring.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Mary M. Novaria a.k.a. "Mims" said…

    Dear Happy,
    Thank you for that last paragraph. That is how I, too, keep it in perspective. If we don't make the effort to see the good, we will be doomed--and that has nothing to do with dead doves.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home