Happy In Bag

Monday, May 15, 2006

When Worlds Collide













I’m being forced out of the closet.

It’s delusional to pretend that anyone but me cares, but it’s still dispiriting that I’m slowly being outed.

I’ve been posting all sorts of silliness at this space for almost a year. It was liberating that only a handful of people knew of this little blogging pastime. Without any fear of repercussion, I’ve been able to write whatever captured my fancy as I sipped my second cup of morning coffee.

But Kansas City is a small town and the wall of anonymity, much like this convenience store on Rainbow, took a few hits last week.

So in that spirit, feel free to join me at the Grand Emporium tonight. Gomez, one of my favorite bands, is playing, and I intend to get crunk. My preview of the show is over at Patchchord. A song by Gomez for you to sample is available at There Stands the Glass. It’s an expensive ticket, but it’s a fair price to pay for one of the best acts in popular music.

I’ll be the fool with bad hair and an awkward limp.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still can't believe they are tearing that QT down. Westport Road QT must get more business, but not for ease of egress and ingress. I wonder what will go in it's place.

    P.S. I have no idea who you are.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Panos- I'm nobody! Except to my extended family, friends and business contacts, from whom I'd like to keep these shenanigans entirely separate.

    ...Aside from the blocks immediately around KU Med, Rainbow's not looking too prosperous lately.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    Ah, the price of fame!

    Next thing you know the paparazzi will be following you through tunnels at high speed hoping to catch a picture of you with J-Lo.

    All I've got is a daughter chiding me for eating jello.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home