Happy In Bag

Monday, July 24, 2006

Movement of Jah People













One of the most illuminating experiences afforded by our open society is the opportunity to attend worship services of differing faiths. I did so Saturday, and it provided me with new understanding of today's conflict in the Middle East.

The ceremony’s message directed attention to the community of faith’s family currently serving in another nation’s military, as well as those residing in the embattled region. For all of the speaker’s calls for peace, it was very clear that she hoped that the bullets would stop flying only after the conflict was settled to the satisfaction of her constituency.

While both scripture and the living history of the last century make it abundantly clear, the fact that a small slice of land is the cornerstone of this community’s faith had been an abstract principle to me. Finally comprehending the depth of this truth saddens me, because only now do I clearly see that the pain and hardship ahead is inevitable.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    "the fact that a small slice of land is the cornerstone of this community’s faith had been an abstract principle to me"

    Speaking of abstracts, I'm thinking of trying this approach on a nice little house I have my eye on.

    Gonna let the title company know that it's mine 'cause God gave it to me. The "owners" have 10 days to get out or I'm comin' in blasting.

    I'll get back to you and let you know how that works out for me.

    If it works, I'll have y'all over for dinner.

    If it doesn't, please send me a carton of smokes so I don't have to be Jamal's bitch.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I gave up on Peace protests in Ireland and everywhere else for that matter when I realised that I never met anybody who didn't genuinely want peace; it was the terms of their peace that differed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home