Happy In Bag

Thursday, July 13, 2006

You Talk Too Much













Only one good thing has come from cell phone use in cars.

There was a time when erratic drivers brought out my ugliest prejudices. Now when I see a vehicle drifting between lanes, slowing down and speeding up, I assume it’s a fool distracted by his or her cell phone instead of suspecting that a blind, old Scottish man is behind the wheel.

Cell phone users almost sideswiped me twice yesterday on I-435. I demand that you cut it out.

And as long as I’m being dictatorial, I think we should all drive vehicles like this.

----
I hope you enjoyed last night’s WNBA All-Star Game. As I've previously predicted, the sport is coming to the Sprint Center. Forget the NHL and the NBA; professional hockey and men's basketball in Kansas City are sportswriter’s pipe dreams.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    Are they selling Smart Cars in the States now? 'Bout time!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Emaw: I took that photo when I was in Canada a few months ago. The manufacturer's verbage is a little iffy on the timetable:

    http://www.zapworld.com/cars/smartcar.asp

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger WLIB said…

    According to an article in the Detroit Free Press, the two-door model will arrive in the US in 2008. They sell for about 15 large in Canada and apparently they haven't exactly sold like hot crepes in Europe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home