Happy In Bag

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Are You Ready For Some Obsessive Behavior?











I don’t hate football.

I watch a few minutes on television every weekend. I genuinely hope my hometown team wins. And I enjoy going to high school games on Friday nights.

Yet the rabid pigskin obsession of most of my male peers this time of year is bizarre. Listening to guys obsessing over the most esoteric aspects of the sport in such passionate detail makes me wonder if I’m living among psychotics.

Call me a girly-man. Then we'll talk about your emotional displacement.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    My younger brother is a football fanatic. Rabid Chiefs fan. Was even pissed at me over the color scheme of my latest Jeep...silver and black..."Raider colors!". LOL!

    But on the upside, the "Chiefs Ambassadors" (a bunch of old, little known, washed up former Chiefs) were at my workplace for a "pep-rally" today. Got a bunch of autographs on a miniature football for absolutely nothing.

    My Christmas shopping for my little brother is done and it didn't cost me a dime.

    Plus I got to oggle some amazing Chiefs Cheerleader assets.

    Dayum!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home