Happy In Bag

Monday, May 21, 2007

Grouchy












I spent the better part of Monday morning trying to establish an internet connection. None of my usual tricks solved the malfunction. I issued a torrent of profanity, punched hard drives until my knuckles bled, and cried tears of frustration. A patient friend finally suggested that I call my internet provider. Sure enough, a recorded message confessed to technical problems in my neighborhood. Much of my ire could have been avoided if the company had made an automated explanatory phone call to their customers when their system went down: "Hello. This is a message from a Time-Warner robot. We realize that your internet connection is down and we are diligently attempting to repair it. We apologize; expect to see a pro-rated discount on your next bill."

3 Comments:

  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    You so don't seem like a grouch. But I can see how you would be frustrated. It's called withdrawl. Admitting you have an addiction is the first step. Repeat after me: GIVE ME MY FREAKIN INTERNET!!!!!

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Same here too, dude. Except Time Warner couldn't send me a phone message because our phone service was out as well.

    As of midnight, it still was.

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My first high-speed was Time-Warner. I cancelled it when they cut me off at the pole by accident. Well it wasn't an accident they explained, it was deliberate because they were upgrading me - but just like they never warned me they were cutting me off to faciliate upgrading me, they then didn't inform me that they had finished their work at the pole. If they had I could have told them they forgot to reconnect me before they drove off.

    And then they got too busy to be even able to make an appointment to reconnect me, because they were now reconnecting people who lost service in a storm 2 days after they accidently cut me off.

    So I cancelled them and ordered Earthlink. I never got Earthlink though because they use Time-Warner's cables and after signing up I then spent a week of calling but still couldn't get through to TWC to schedule the cable hook-up, and Earthlink confessed to me that neither could they, that they in fact were treated to the same bad Jazz on the phone to TWC as I was.

    So then, 18 months ago, I switched to DSL. And they have provided actual customer service on the very few occasions I have needed it.

    I could go on, but the short version of my comment is something like, I feel your pain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home