Happy In Bag

Monday, May 07, 2007

Wait... There's More









I prefer to call them "quirks." Most people call them my "problems" or "issues." One such item is my complete unwillingness to wait to be seated at a restaurant. I just won't do it. So it always amazes me when I spot people happily cooling their heels at an eating establishment. And I see it all the time. Here are people chilling outside a Red Lobster on a recent evening. They seem relaxed and comfortable. I can't begin to comprehend their serenity. Do you suppose they'd give me lessons?

6 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger pom. said…

    I've never seen a red lobster like that.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger thedirtyknitter said…

    it's the one in OPKS right? ha...yeah - i watched that being built - it's just a few blocks from my house. very strange looking for a red lobster.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Don't Need Anything said…

    the way i figure is that since i dont go to restaurants like that by myself, its just more chance to get to hang out with my friends and family. im overly patient sometimes tho...

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    I'll wait 10 minutes. I won't wait half an hour.

    But I wouldn't go to Red Lobster again in either case.

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    What I hate is when they actually have no fucking idea how long the wait will be. Could be an hour. Could be two hours. But they are under instructions to tell everyone "about 10 minutes".

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    The Dirty Knitter has it right- that's the view from the intersection of 95th and Metcalf.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home