Happy In Bag

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Say It Soft












"Say it loud and there's music playing," the love song from West Side Story goes. "Say it soft and it's almost like praying." I wish Maria's, a Mexican restaurant in Platte City, inspired that sort of rapturous response from me. Perhaps a few belts from Maria's extensive tequila menu would do the trick. The chile relleno and guacamole salad I had for lunch today were maybe a couple notches above an average meal. As the car dealer's hideous ads say, the joint is "right under the Platte City water tower."

4 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Yeah, I know. It was either this or a photo of their sign from the street.

    But... I'm now happy to report that it's been eight hours since I ate and I'm still full. Thanks, Maria!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger "The D" said…

    Dude that looked like afterbirth.

    YUCK!!!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Gee whiz, I get the point. I pledge that the next time I depict Mexican food, I won't go for a close-up.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Nightmare said…

    YOWZA!!

    My dog passed that last year when she had worms!!

    I know it tasted good, most food that looks like that BETTER taste good or the restaurant would be broke!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home