Happy In Bag

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I Want Flapjacks










I feel somewhat guilty that yesterday marked my first visit to an Applebee's restaurant in a couple years. Perhaps my regular patronage would have been just enough to prevent the locally-based company from agreeing to be purchased by IHOP. I opted for this six dollar tomato soup and grilled shrimp salad combo. While good, it didn't quite fill my enormous stomach. And as their marketing blitz suggests, Applebee's seems to be going for an upscale sports bar look. The concept doesn't really appeal to me, unless my finicky Aunt Beulah insists that I take her out to eat after church on Sunday.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    i. hate. applebees. i just do. i heard the microwave all of their food. anywho, i am a food snob.
    :)

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, Applebees is disgusting, and overpriced. Nothing they serve taste any better than 90% of what you'll find in your local stores freezer section. Barf!

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Applebees. They have a new menu. The food is better than Lydia's .

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    actually, no we don't microwave our food..trust me i'm a cook there. and its not as gross as everyone thinks. you ppl must go to some shitty locations or franchised restaurants. try going to a corporate store..we have rule and guidelines that we MUST stick to...

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I've neglected to properly defend your employer, Anon. I apologize. As I indicated in the original post, my lunch was good. It's the sports concept that I struggled with.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bill, the best pancakes I've ever had are Banana Crunch with Granola at First Watch. THE BEST! I dare you to disagree.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Sounds good, David. I like blueberries, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home