Happy In Bag

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Ground Control















Did you spot Discovery on its trek a few miles overhead Wednesday morning? The close encounter with the space shuttle provided a cheap thrill, but I was left with a hollow feeling when the craft touched down in Florida a few minutes later. The first manned lunar landing provided one of my first memories. As a child I assumed that space tourism would become a reality in my lifetime. I spent a lot of time daydreaming about zero gravity and moon colonies. I hope today's kids get to experience what's been denied to my generation.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    Funny you should mention that!

    I didn't see it, but I tried! I hiked over to Riverfront Park in Quality Hill where I had a great view of the southwestern sky. I vigilently scanned the horizon between 11:30 and 11:45, but came up empty. Saw lots of jets, but no shuttle. :(

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Could you hear it? I thought I heard it, but it could have been white noise from an unseen jet.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    Nope, I couldn't hear it either. I was kinda hoping to hear that double sonic boom, but I think it was too high and or too far away.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    LOL I just thought I read "I was too high" when XO really said " it was too high".

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    LOL! If "I was too high" I definitely would have seen it AND heard it. Hell, I would have been ON it!

    "YEEEE HAWWWWW! Comin' in hot! Clear the runway! Somebody phone in a pizza order! I want hotwings on the tarmac!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home