Happy In Bag

Sunday, January 27, 2008

If a Sax Honks In a Forest












I know a handful of people who love soccer. Each time I see a member of this esoteric group I'm compelled to inform them that I'm largely indifferent to the game.

As I grow wearier of people telling me that they don't care about jazz, I know what a jerk I've been to my soccer-crazed pals.

So I apologize for regularly referencing my jazz site in this forum. But I'm just killing it over there. And as I write in my most recent post, if I really wanted to be more popular I'd curate a site about collecting antique toenail clippers.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Donna. W said…

    Don't apologize for anything you blog about (although I've done it a time or two, not thinking). It's your space, and it's your business what you have to say.

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What she said!

    Seriously tho, blogs are supposed to be a way to share our passions, and one of yours is Jazz. People not interested in it can skip on to the next post, it's soooooper easy.

    As for me, while I know how important jazz has been to musical development in a lot of genres, I can't get a handle on it. It took me years of exposure to start digging on the Blues, and I am still hardly what I would call well versed in it.

    SO share away!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Thanks for your gestures of support, D and N.

    I don't know what compels people to visit this ridiculous site.

    But since they're here, I feel an obligation to be at least mildly entertaining.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home