Happy In Bag

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Public Transportation Is Sexy











Since I began reporting on my recent visit to London, I've heard several people profess their enthusiasm for London's cab drivers and fabulous restaurants. I wouldn't know anything about that. The devastating exchange rate rendered luxuries like taxis and fine dining out of the question. A significant portion of my trip was spent in grocery stores and on underground trains. I loved it. Leave it to a Kansas boy to find the Tube exciting. As this representative image suggests, the locals didn't seem to share my enthusiasm.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MIND. The GAP.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    And they're not kidding around, are they, Panos? I have a couple representative snapshots that I'll eventually post on my photo blog.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    heh... love the Underground. Always my principal transportation when visiting London.

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Eolaí gan Fhéile said…

    For my money the map of the Tube is still the best piece of mapping design (if you know what I mean) ever. It makes the excitement of the Tube so accessible.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    The Underground map holds a place of distinction hanging over the stairs to my basement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home