Happy In Bag

Friday, July 03, 2009

Fare Is Fare











A recent visit to Chicago revealed that public transportation allows a person to travel from Midway Airport to the metropolis' northern suburbs for fifteen dollars. That's roundtrip, including a stop at Grant Park for lunch at Taste of Chicago. Inspired by that positive experience, I intend to employ The Metro tonight to avoid First Friday parking hassles. I'll spend three dollars to use bus line 123 to skip between Wyandotte and Paseo along 19th Street.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    Three past lives ago I spent a good deal of time in Chicago and rarely missed my car. The "L" was cheap and on time and went darn near everywhere. More than I can say for our sorely underfunded public transit here in St. Louis. I'd gladly pay more taxes to expand our trains to go someplace besides Scott AFB, the baseball stadium and the airport. But funding keeps getting voted down here by the white-flighters, who are afraid that those they fled will be able to follow them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home