Happy In Bag

Friday, September 25, 2009

Stay Clean















I like to bodysurf for hours on end when I make it out to the Pacific Ocean. It's a liberating experience for this Kansan. Inevitably, however, I'm distracted by something on the beach and a rogue wave takes me under.

I'm flipped topsy-turvy and my head is repeatedly battered against the ocean bed. I know that I must find the surface to survive but a malicious undertow holds me under. When I finally crawl back to the shore my ears are ringing and I'm vomiting seawater. It's excruciating but exhilarating. Full immersion in a Motorhead concert is much the same. It's like a painful ritual cleansing. Thursday night at the Midland Theater was no different.

Some people get colon cleansings. I go to Motorhead concerts.

(Cross-post from There Stands the Glass.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home