Happy In Bag

Friday, February 19, 2010

I Stink On Ice









I had a nice childhood in suburban Chicago. Even so, things were very different in that seen-but-not-heard era. Most neighborhood kids weren't welcome in their homes until dinner was served. That mandate was great in the summer. The winter months, however, were brutal. I never got the hang of skating. And I didn't care for hockey. I'm obviously nonplussed posing with Blackhawks legend Bobby Hull. It's no wonder that I'm completely disinterested in the Winter Olympics.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    When I was a young tot one of my favorite songs was "Wipe Out' and I must admit that I loved watching the Winter Olympics on Wide World of Sports so I could see the agony of defeat knowing I would never grow up to endanger my life in such a manner. But it is truly sad that they have made luge into a life or death thrill that lasts a few days in a news cycle.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Anything but Tiger, BGO. I don't get the fascination. Ugh.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Let's not even go anywhere near Tiger Cheetah. What a huge disappointment he has turned out to be. For years I've thought the worship of him by some bordered on the psychotic. My fears have proven true.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Bill Lavery said…

    I have to disagree regarding Tiger. I want to see him succeed at every effort and his status has not changed in my eyes. I am sure that Babe Ruth could put Tiger to shame in the ethics department but who wouldn't be thrilled to go back and see him play. I consider it a privilege to have an athlete of his ability in my lifetime instead of hearing from my Grandfather about how he saw so and so play. We are here to witness this in real time.

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Yeah, but... it's golf.

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger the unthinking lemming said…

    *ponders curling*

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Bill L, I would much rather go back and watch Josh Gibson play.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home