Happy In Bag

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Luxury Brands















Here in the wheat belt it's not uncommon for drivers to pull off the road to admire picturesque abandoned barns. Venice exudes much of the same crumbling charm. Rather than raccoons and opossums, however, many of the decadently dilapidated buildings of Venice house retailers like Hermes, Gucci and Prada. The Bridge of Sighs is wrapped in a Bvlgri billboard. A giant Lacoste ad denigrates Piazza San Marco. It may be the prettiest city I've ever encountered, but I have no intention of ever returning to Venice.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger GunDiva said…

    I loved Venice! I thought it was beautiful - well except for the night my best friend and I got lost and spent hours wandering around trying to find our hotel.

     
  • At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Rick in PV said…

    Got any photos of this 21st century culture clash?

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Getting lost is half the "fun," GD.

    I hope to upload photos to Hit Random, my long-neglected photo site, this weekend, Rick.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    What about Venice, CA?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home