Happy In Bag

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Talk Talk
















Flush with a newly successful business venture and the joy of being reunited with old friends, I became overly rambunctious at a convention several years ago. I still cringe at the memory of babbling incessantly as a talented folk-rock artist glared at me from a nearby stage. I know, consequently, that jerks are often merely oblivious rather than malicious. Even so, I have low tolerance for similar rudeness in others. Please- just stop talking.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Ruralgurl said…

    You're lucky it wasn't Syd Straw. At a show here in '96 she stopped in the middle of a song and let loose on some incessant talkers with... "If I was Tori f#$*ing Amos up here humpin' my G*#d@!*#n piano maybe you'd shut the f@&! up!" And then she was gone. Glad I didn't pay for those tickets.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous mike t. said…

    i'm not much of a concert goer anymore, but years ago ('71?) attended an Andre Segovia concert at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in L.A. it was winter.

    alot of people had colds, me included.

    at the start of the show, the maestro came out and got all set to play. the place was dead quiet. just before he hit his first note, someone near the stage coughed - loudly.

    segovia got out of position, calmly drew a handkerchief out of his breast pocket and coughed ever so softly into it.

    audience roared with laughter and applause.

    funniest thing at a concert i've ever seen!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous brucedene said…

    I'll always remember the smile she gave me during "Men in Sandals" when I took mine off and waved it in the air to the beat. I think that's how it went down, anyway.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I love all three stories, friends. Thanks.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Cooking Katie said…

    This is a great poost thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home